Follow me on Instagram @beccie.b.creative for the latest patterns, tester calls, and inspiration!
This Simple Seed Stitch hat pattern has definitely been one of the top hits from my blog and I’ve now created this in a Messy Bun Beanie version – Enjoy!
The Pattern: Seed Stitch Messy Bun Beanie
Yarn: Super Bulky Size 6 – personally, I love Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick.
Needles: 10mm, 16″ circular – personally, I love my bamboo Clover Takumi knitting needles
Long tail cast-on: 48 sts
- Rows 1-7 Ribbing: K1, P1 around (48 sts)
- Row 8 Ribbing: K1fb (to add an additional stitch for working the body) then P1, K1 around (49 sts)
- Row 9: K1, *P1, K1* (49 sts)
- Row 10: K the P’s, P the K’s (49 sts)
- Rows 11-21: Repeat rows 9 and 10 (as you go around the rows, having 49 odd stitches, you’ll simply continue the K1, P1 repeats from row to row)
- Row 13-21: K1 around (48 sts)
- Row 22: K1, K1, K2tog, repeat around (this reduces your total to 36 sts)
- Row 23: K1, K1, K2tog, repeat around (this reduces your total to 27 sts)
- Row 24: K1, K1, K2tog, repeat around (this reduces your total to 20 sts)
Finish: Cast off and weave in all ends.
Be Creative and Enjoy! 💕