Happy New Year – Starting off 2020 playing with some color blocking. Sticking with Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick because I just love the way it knits up and I still have more colors to try!!
Yarn: Super Bulky Size 6 – personally, I love Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick.
Colors I used: Black, Fisherman, Glacier (blue), Arctic Ice (variegated), Blossom (pink), and Charcoal (dark heather Gray).
Needles: 10mm, 16″ circular – personally, I love my bamboo Clover Takumi knitting needles
To make a 2-Color Hat
- Long tail cast-on: 48 sts
- Rows 1-6 Ribbing: K1, P1 around (48 sts)
- Rows 7-14 Body: K1 around (48 sts)
CHANGE TO SECOND COLOR
- Row 15-26: K1 around (48 sts)
- Row 27: K2tog, K1, K1, repeat around (this reduces your total to 36 sts)
- Row 28: K2tog, K1, K1, repeat around (this reduces your total to 27 sts)
- Row 29: K2tog, K1, repeat around (this reduces your total to 18 sts)
- Row 30: K2 around (this reduces your total to 9 sts) Note: This gets tight on circular needles but I don’t switch to double pointed needles, you can skip this row if it’s too difficult, it doesn’t make a big difference.
Finish: Cut an 8″ tail and thread through then cinch closed.
Pom is optional, of course! Enjoy 💕